This sounds so delicious. Click on this link for more recipes & products.
Recipe & content provided by Brent Totty
Deviled eggs are an appetizer favorite of many; but more times than not, they hide nasty seed oils that will throw your omega-3 to -6 ratio out of whack. Keeping your omega-3 to -6 ratio in the area of 1:1 to 1:4 is ideal for minimizing inflammation, so don’t let inconspicuous seed oils drag down your efforts.
Deviled eggs recipes almost always include mayonnaise, and you can trust that 99.9% of store-bought mayonnaise contains omega-6-heavy oils like canola or soybean oil. For this deviled eggs recipe, we used this Bulletproof-approved mayo recipe and added a caesar salad twist to kick these deviled eggs up a level.
These upgraded deviled eggs are a great source of vitamins B, D and A, as well as a good source of protein and high-quality saturated and monounsaturated fats. Putting these deviled eggs on top of a bed of leafy greens takes this recipe from snack to a perfect salad for lunch.
start to Finish: 20 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (recipe here)
- 1/4 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1/8 squeezed lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional; omit if you’re sensitive to garlic)
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 piece of bacon
Instructions for Filling:
- Chop bacon and avocado into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Add bacon to pan over medium heat, cook for 3 minutes or until browned.
- Add avocado and reduce heat to low, cooking for another 3 minutes.
Instructions for Eggs:
- Bring 2 quarts of water to boil. Reduce heat to low, then add the eggs and cook for 8 minutes. (Alternatively, you can use an instant pot. Add 1 inch of water to the bottom of the pot, place the rack into the pot with the eggs on top, and set to 3 minutes on manual.)
- Place cooked eggs in ice water for 3 minutes and then peel and cut in half, lengthwise.
- Gently remove the yolk from the sliced eggs and add to a food processor along with mayonnaise, mustard, lemon, garlic powder, and salt, and run processor until mixture is smooth.
- Gently spoon bacon-avocado filling into the egg white. Using a spoon, piping bag or resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped, top with Caesar egg yolk mixture and dust with smoked paprika.